After several wonderful main dishes and one fantastic all-Canarian dessert, today we bring you a mouthwatering side dish/appetizer you can put together in just over half an hour. Another fabulous creation from the kitchen of Canarian chef Afi, here’s a stuffed tomato recipe translated and adapted for you from the Spanish-language original.
Preparation time: 40 min
What you’ll need:
- 3 tomatoes
- 200 g Brie
- 50 g diced bacon
- 1 scallion
- 1/2-1 tsp. oregano
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tbs. olive oil
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (392°F).
2. Wash the tomatoes, remove their tops and turn them upside down to drain any excess juice.
3. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and add the chopped scallion.
4. As soon as the scallion begins to change colour add the bacon. Cut the Brie into chunks and reserve.
5. Once the bacon has shrunk and begun to brown around the edges, add the Brie and stir until the cheese has melted. Blend in the oregano and pepper.
6. Fill the tomatoes with the sautéd bacon mixture and sprinkle with a bit more oregano on top. Bake at 200°C (392°F) for 15-20 min. Serve warm.